Swiss Chalet Standoff - The Intrepid

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Swiss Chalet Standoff

Swiss Chalet Standoff Terrance McBurnie
Yesterday, I happened to rollerblading near The Queensway and Kipling Avenue when I heard about the hostage situation at the intersection's Swiss Chalet. So, in my capacity as a pseudo-journalist for Torontoist, I decided to check out what was going on, and I happened to snag this photo (see above) of gunman Terrance McBurnie's arrest.

More photos after the break.

Swiss Chalet Standoff Queensway and KiplingThe Queensway and Kipling Avenue after police erected a barrier to block traffic.

Swiss Chalet Standoff CBCThe CBC getting ready to cover the action.

Swiss Chalet Standoff MediaCitytv and Newstalk 1010 interviewing a bystander.

Swiss Chalet Standoff Toronto Star PhotographerThe Toronto Star's photographers position themselves. I highly recommend checking out their excellent photo essay.

Swiss Chalet Standoff SniperA police sniper running to take position.

Swiss Chalet Standoff National PostThe National Post's reporter decides to take a nap.

Swiss Chalet Standoff gawkersThe gawkers and journalists behind the police line at The Queensway and Stock Avenue.

Swiss Chalet Standoff PoliceA policeman talking to reporters after McBurnie was taken into custody.

Photos by Stephen M.

1 comments:

Cynthia said...

Very Nice website. I just finished mine and i was looking for some design ideas and your website gave me some.

Thanks!
Swiss Chalet Coupons