Nouveau Canada - The Intrepid

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Nouveau Canada

New Canada
Behold Nouveau Canada: an optimal realignment of Canada's provincial borders. This map is the ultimate culmination of exhaustive research into Canada's history, culture, and traditional cleavages. The Photoshop work alone took almost twenty minutes!

Yesterday, after I made a post about The Economist's rejigging of Europe, I thought it might be fun to take the same tongue-in-cheek mentality and redesign Canada.

As you can see, I've finally given Alberta and Quebec what they want most: distance from the rest of the country. And with Quebec on the east coast, Ontario now has some sweet coastline. I also moved the islands in Canada's Arctic region south and used them to build some nifty politically significant archipelagos.

Perhaps what's left of the Rhino party can adopt my plan as an official platform.

Base image from Wikipedia Commons.

0 comments: