Google Ad-Senseless - The Intrepid

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Google Ad-Senseless

broken piggy bank
I received the following email earlier today from Google's AdSense team.

Hello,

We're writing to inform you that due to a technical error, the amount of your December earnings were doubled. Please refer to your aggregated earnings in your Advanced Reports from December 1 - 31, 2009 for the closest estimate to your December 2009 earnings.

We will process a debit at the end of this month and deduct the amount that was added in error. You will see this debit appear as part of your January 2010 earnings, which will be finalized and will post at the beginning of February.

There is no action required by you at this time.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Thanks,
The Google AdSense Team
This email makes it sound like my entire December earnings were doubled, when in fact, only the earnings from my news feed ads, which are currently disabled, were doubled. Apparently, I'm not the only one this has happened to, so hopefully Google doesn't rob me of my meager, but legitimate, December revenue.

Of course, Google hasn't provided any documentation to prove that this "technical error" occurred, so for all I know, this could just be another AdSense scam.

Photo by Travis Seitler.

1 comments:

Blogger said...

If you are looking for a good contextual ad company, I recommend you check out ExoClick.